It’s been a while since I’ve updated my deals and I apologize! I have gotten back into media though so you’ll be seeing some new things being added to the blog – along with entirely new sites being introduced.
To kick this off I wanted to start with the Free Money part. This works like the Brinks Prepaid Mastercard deal I had previously posted about – except this is a much more known product from #PayPal, meaning it’s a bit more trustworthy. You will load $40 using a variety of methods, afterwards you will see a credit of $20 within a couple of hours.
You may wonder what use the card may have in the first place, or doubt you’ll ever use it. Shockingly the card can be utilized in a wide number of ways.
1) If you’re like me and horrible at remembering to pay bills, this is a nice account to use for automated payments without risking your actual available funds. We’ve all had the months where we’ve forgotten to cancel that subscription and we get hit with that beautiful $35 fee. A way to avoid this is to migrate these accounts to your new PayPal Prepaid Card; Now you’re free to manually load the card each month without the risk of losing your service. It will also allow you to remove the card from any previous accounts.
2) eBay Sellers. This is a gimmie right here! If you’re an eBay Seller like me then there’s no reason to pass this opportunity up. Chances are you’ve already got $40 in your PayPal account and are also subscribed to some kind of automated payments from eBay or its’ internal apps. You can open your new PayPal Prepaid Card account and then immediately transfer $40 from your PayPal Account to your card – you will then see an additional $20 on your new PayPal Account – WOW!
3) Swagbucks, Treasure Hunter, XBOX Live, Spotify, iTunes, Apple Store, Google Play, and more: The card is a great way to earn additional rewards. As you shop and use the card you will notice your amount of offers will begin to increase which you can take advantage of. For those of us who have some type of Online Subscription then you’ll be required to supply a Debit/Credit Card. These are for trying out new services without risking them continuously hitting your bank.
4) First Time Debit/Credit Card Holders: This card is perfect for first time card holders because there are no overdraft fees attached. That’s right – 0! If there aren’t enough funds in the account to cover the charge, then you’re automatically declined instead of being covered and then charge $35 for a simple $3 item.
In all honesty I’ve used the #PayPal Prepaid Card for years, even before PayPal switched from their internal service to this new one. It allows you to instantly transfer money from your PayPal account directly into your Prepaid Account – this is particularly nice especially if you accept mobile payments.
You have multiple options when it comes to choosing how you’re going to load your card. Let’s go over some of the quicker methods:
1) PayPal: This is the absolute quickest and cheapest way to get your money onto the Prepaid Account. You just need to log into your #PayPal Prepaid Account and choosing Move Money > #PayPal Balance Transfer. Your transfer will happen immediately so there’s no waiting for a bank to be added or a $2.95 fee to load the cash in person – plus all the work is done from your computer! Process: Instant.
2) Mobile Check Load: This will need to be done from a mobile device using the #PayPal Prepaid App. Once you’re in you’ll just need to accept the terms and then close the term window out. You’ll see the option to Load Check. Snap a picture of the front and back and then choose which deposit method: Free (10 Days) or pay a fee to have it within a few hours. The fee depends on the amount of the check. Process: 10 Days Free or Instant for a Fee
3) Bank Transfer: This process takes a little longer, but it’s totally free of charge. You will need to sign into your existing bank and retain your Account/Routing Number. This will be then added to the PayPal Account. Small deposits will be made verifying you’re the own then you’re free to transfer money to the account. The entire process takes about 5-8 days.
4) Cash cash cash: You can always visit a Walgreens, CVS, Rite-Aid, Cash America, or any place that loads/sells Prep-Paid Gift Cards. The fees vary from $2.95-$4.95 but the funds are available the moment you hand the cash over. The is the second fasted method but I’ve saved it for last because it requires paying a fee – while the options above are entirely free.
So you make the call – is about a week’s worth of time worth an easy $20?
You could treat yourself and a friend to some #Starbucks.
How about checking out the latest #Marvel Movie?
Maybe you’re looking to download the latest #DLC for your game?
Or perhaps you just need some extra gas…
Any way you look at it – no one can argue with a free $20!